PUBLIC SPEAKING FOR NON-NATIVE SPEAKERS IN BUSINESS
This is the first course in Russia on Public Speaking Skills designed specifically for non-native speakers.
We focus on business presentations in international companies and teams
5 weeks in MOSCOW + 6 months ONLINE
This is a course for non-native speakers of English who sell, deliver presentations, and lead serious negotiations in the English language.
The course is based on exclusively practical experience of delivering presentations to big audiences and high profile English-speaking clients in Germany, the USA, England, Dubai, Japan, South East Asia, Switzerland, Seychelles, Spain, etc.
Whether you present in English in front of 5 or 500 people, your job is to build a connection with your audience and develop long-lasting relationships with your clients, colleagues, partners, and investors.
In this course, we focus on the following:
- How to speak "human language" in business
- How Advanced learners can keep upgrading their language & communication skills
- How to express your ideas in a clear, concise, and powerful way in English
- How to understand different accents and reduce your own in order to be understood
- How to understand EVERY SINGLE WORD that people say in English
- How to explain complex matters in plain English
- How to build relationships with native speakers and understand people's intentions better
"Public Speaking for Business"
a 5-week course
Dates: March, 12 - April, 12
Venue: Moscow, Russia
from 64500 RUB.
A required deposit to get on the list:
WHO CHOOSES TO TAKE PART IN THE COURSE?
- business leaders who present in English both at internal events and at international conferences
- entrepreneurs who pitch to foreign investors
- people who sell in English
- marketing professionals who present their creative ideas to clients
- people who learn to present themselves to foreign recruiters and employers
1. The course offers a system of simple exercises that people can use on their own to continue improving their language skills to a native-like level.
2. The course is based around practice and feedback. You will deliver at least 7 presentations.
3. The course unveils you how other people feel when you talk to them
4. No textbooks. Every participant brings their own situations, presentations, and projects. Only real-world examples.
5. We don't learn technical skills. We learn to establish relationships with our audiences and to help people feel comfortable around us when we speak (which always leads to more sales).
6. Six months of online post-training support for all participants.
See the complete breakdown of the program below.
Practical advice to improve public speaking skills from your trainer
Business presentations in English. Part 1. Reasons why you lack confidence
Business presentations for non-native speakers. Part 2. Practical tips to build confidence
- The duration of the course is 5 weeks
- We meet twice a week (Monday and Thursday) for a 3-hour session
- Participants do practical tasks throughout the week
- Daily communication and personalized feedback to each participant
- One individual session per week for each participant (more in the VIP package)
- You will get feedback on your presentations from a native speaker as well
- A closed online community where participants can practice (during and after the course) and receive feedback
- You will deliver at least 7 different presentations
- Audio + Video recording of your presentations and high-quality professional feedback on your work
- Tips, advice, and resources for independent work in order to continue advancing your English skills, as well as your presentation skills.
Every Monday & Thursday, 19.00-22.00
First session - March 12, 2020
Last session - April 12, 2020
The exact address will be sent to confirmed participants
5 min walk from m. Paveletskaya
Persuade, Prioritize. Present.
- Presentations in a foreign language: what changes and what stays the same
- Art & Science of self-presentations for various purposes in business
- How to explain complex ideas in simple words. Examples. Practice
- How to begin and how to end your presentations in English
- Introducing other people in business. Etiquette. Meaning behind it. Practice.
Storytelling and Charisma
- Storytelling in business. Types of stories (failure, success, legend, fun), when to use them and how to tell them in business to make a point.
- Ways to develop your charisma in a foreign language. Practice (based on everyone's individual personality traits)
- Rhythm, Chunking, Intonation, Emotion, Stress, Inflections - everything that makes English sound distinctly different from other languages. How to master the rhythm of the language and enjoy better conversations with native speakers.
Storytelling and Sales.
- Selling without selling (and without objections). Practice (people use their own examples and improve on presentations that they need in real life)
- Pitching to investors in English (if required, depends on the needs of a specific group)
- Sales meetings with new clients and first-time interviews with decision-makers. Practice
- Presenting graphs, stats, and numbers in English (if required, depends on the needs of a specific group)
- Reading people and their intentions. Giving constructive feedback to yourself.
Clear, Clean, Concise
- How to communicate a lot of meaning in few words. Practice.
- The power of synonyms and advanced vocabulary in presentations. Vocabulary exercises
- The art of corrective feedback in English in the workplace
- Practical exercises to gain confidence and learn from feedback
- Communicating large volumes of information in clean and concise messages
Feedback & Personalization
- Finding your own individual presentation style (that fits your personality and business goals)
- Learning from own mistakes. Individual feedback to each participant
- Accent reduction practice
- Spontaneous presentations, questions, and comments. Overcoming the fear of "I don't know what to say" and gaining confidence in spontaneous interactions with people.
6 months of online support after the course
All participants get access to an online platform with instructions, practical exercises, and video materials used in the course. Each participant can enjoy personalized feedback on their work within the next 6 months after completing the course. It is also the place to meet other course participants. People who have taken the course, are responsible for communications at Lenovo, Ritter Sport Chocolate, Ferrero, GetTable, Radisson, Marriott, Abbott, Mail.Ru Group, EY, и.т.д.
Course participants get 20% off any course on https://courses.nataliatokar.me/
Testimonial video. "Public Speaking for non-native speakers" by UpSkillMe
UpSkillMe. Jason's feedback on the Public Speaking Course
Видео-отзыв о курсе Натальи Токарь "Public Speaking for Business" (UpSkillMe)
UpSkillMe. Public Speaking training in a foreign language with Natalia Tokar
- Ten 3-hour sessions in a 5-week course
- 5 weekly individual sessions with the trainer
- 6 months of online support and feedback
- A closed online community for participants
- An opportunity to join future practical Public Speaking sessions at no cost
Participants receive homework after each session
A single payment of 64,500 RUB
5 weekly payments of 14,800 RUB
NB! This is not a language course. The focus of the course is Public Speaking skills. However, all participants show a dramatic improvement of their English skills as well.
Same as the "BUSINESS" package, plus:
- 3 additional individual sessions with the trainer (8 total) and individual feedback on ALL the homework in the course
- Unlimited communication with the trainer and individual feedback
- One extra month of individual work after the course completion
- 50% off two future individual sessions (offer valid for 12 months)
- Help with preparing concrete presentations for your specific business needs
A single payment of 93,000 RUB
5 weekly payments of 21,390 RUB.
- What if I miss a class?
If you miss a class (due to sickness, business trip, vacation, etc) and give your trainer a 24-hour notice, it will be compensated in an individual online session. "Business" package implies you can use this opportunity once.
"VIP" participants can miss 2 sessions and get compensated.
RESULTS. WHAT CAN YOU GET DONE HERE?
Learn to deliver powerful presentations in English
Prepare a pitch presentation for an international conference
Get ready for spontaneous presentations and unexpected questions in English
The course is for you if you...
- 1 -
If you are looking for ways to build/continue your career in an international company and need to learn to present yourself and your achievements
- 2 -
If you feel less confident presenting in English even though you have enormous public speaking experience in your first language
- 3 -
You are never ready for unexpected questions and spontaneous interactions are never easy for you
- 4 -
You are looking for ways to improve your sales skills in English and you're entering new international markets with your product/service
What people say in their first language about the course
Meet your trainer. A keynote at the New York Fintech Week, 2017
Keynote: Problem of "too many ICOs" or how to make a right investment decision?
The founder of UpSkillMe.ru and Nataliatokar.me (online school for non-native speakers with a focus on reaching native-like fluency)
You might have seen her speak at FinTech events in NYC, LA, Hong Kong, Barcelona, London, Stockholm, etc.
She used to work as Head of Business Development for a startup in the CryptoValley, Switzerland, and currently acts as an advisor to Kaizen VC in Switzerland, serves as a member of World Blockchain Foundation in Asia, and as a communication mentor at the Emerging Managers Incubator for fund managers (Chicago, IL). She also helps startups create a pitch that gets the attention of investors.
She talks and writes about cross-cultural communication strategies and believes that great relationships with people are the core ingredient of a successful business.
You can check out her videos on YouTube.
OUR CLIENTS & PARTNERS
Кратко о проекте
UP SKILL ME – это проект для тех, чей язык бизнеса - английский.
Наши тренинги — это практическое руководство для руководителей по совершенствованию навыков коммуникации на английском языке и развитию лидерских способностей в международной команде.